My Defining Moment
That was the defining moment that set me on the path of developing programmes for children, their parents and teachers.”
My Inspiration – How It All Started
My journey begun when I first discovered my son showing signs of learning challenge when he was about 5 years old. His struggles with letter recognition, reading and writing were painful to witness. More alarming was his gradual decline in self-esteem as a result of his frustration.
My Quest & Methodology
Thus began my quest to find a solution to help my son overcome his learning challenge. Beyond the obvious methods and techniques to improve his learning challenge, I found activities such as music & movement and yoga for children tremendously effective in helping my son and I cope with the frustration and tension of these challenges.
However, despite the benefits of music and yoga, the stress of learning together created confrontations in our relationship; especially when my overwhelming desire to see progress became an unwelcome pressure on my son. His progress stagnated and he became discouraged.
It was at this point that I was exploring NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) which gave me a whole new perspective of self awareness, greater understanding of human behavior, and a shaping of my own belief system that totally transforms my own behavior.
With the new approach, relationship with my son improved almost immediately. He was more motivated to overcome his learning challenges, and even looked forward to more learning hours with me. He recognised all 26 letters within 30 days. Today, English is one of his favourite subjects. He has recently graduated from Raffles Institution and is currently pursuing a Double Degree in Law and Liberal Arts at The Yale – NUS college.
Professional certifications: –
- Consulting Hypnotist – National Guild Of Hypnotists USA
- Cambridge International Diploma For Teachers and Trainers – University Of Cambridge International Examinations
- Diploma in Enrichment Enterprise by college of teachers – Phonics, Phonetics, Creative Writing -The College Of Teachers, UK
- Diploma in Yoga Therapy – Institute Of Vivekananda Yoga Research and development
Gwalior , India
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology -The School Of Positive Psychology
- High Impact Training a brain-based teaching – Studied with Founder, Dr. Rich allen – Impact Learning Inc., Green Light Education, USA
- Kindermusik Professional Development Certificate -Kindermusik International
- Master NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner – Mind Transformations Pte Ltd, approved by The American Board of NLP,USA
- Orff Schulwerk – Music for children, Vocal and Recorder, Technique and Improvisation, Pedagogy, Movement & Dance – Australian Catholic university
- Positive Psychology Coach – Studied with Founder Dr. Robert Biswas-Diener – Positive Acorn USA
- Reiki Master – Antara Seminars and Consultancy
- Speech and Drama – Guildhall School Of Music and drama
- Time Line Therapy® Practitioner -Mind Transformations Pte Ltd, approved by The American Board of NLP,USA
- The Goulding Process SleepTalk™ For Children Consultant & Trainer -Studied with Founder Joane Goulding – The Goulding Institute Australia
- YogaKids International Trainer – Studied with Founder, Marsha wenig – YogaKids® International, USA
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- WSQ Diploma in Adult Continuing And Education (DACE) – Ongoing
She prides in delivering interactive holistic workshops through fun, Brain Compatible Strategies, relaxation and revolutionary teaching all combined into one. She is truly a holistic healing arts Practitioner.
Here are some of her rich experiences with children and their parents:
- Music and Movement educator for parents and young children since 1996
- Executive producer of Children’s Music & Movement CD
- Radio interview on Neuro-Linguistic Programming in 2000
- Reviewed scripts for Playhouse Disney’s ‘Out and About’ in 2002
- Children’s interactive workshop in North East Zone ‘ Alive!’ fusion lifestyle in 2003
- Lead a mass participation dance ‘The Energy Shake’ at the Nickelodean’s Worlwide Day of Play in October 2004
- Gold 90.5 FM June 2005 Holiday Programme (Yogakids )
- Showbiz Wonderland Mediacorp June 2005 Holiday programme (Creative Linguistics ~ Positive KidZ!)
- Learn to Get Into Your Child’s World ( Parents’ Workshop)
- Motivate Your Child Through Music and Movement (Workshop for parents & teachers)
- Various Positive Educators workshops conducted overseas: Kindermusik asia ~ Malaysia (Ipoh). Ysynergy (Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur). SNA (Surabaya)
- Freelance host for 9V entertainment: Hosted various assembly shows to promote health and well-being in primary schools.
- Consultant and host (Miss P) for CLUB M.A.G.I.C, Singapore’s very first preschool television programme – 2010 season 1, 2011 season 2 and 3
- Educational consultant for The Rainbow Bus, Singapore’s preschool television programme -October 2013 season 1
- (Part-time Trainer at GIG Education centre – The Teacher Developer for Certificate Of Educational Studies, accredited by The London Teacher Training College , UK – Phonics, Early Literacy & Reading Comprehension, Speech Development and Creative Drama and Music & Movement)
Her work has also been featured in:-
- Young Parents Pre-School Guide 2005 as an Unusual Enrichment program for children
- The Straits Times ~mind Your body section on “Take the stress out of child’s life” (Feb 2005)
- Mother and Baby Magazine- Fitness for kids (November 2006)
- Simply her magazine – Boost your child’s confidence (November 2006)
- Simply her magazine – Break your Bad Habbits – 10 steps to success – NLP Master Practioner and Life Coach Hasnah A.R.’s 10 – step plan to changing your bad behaviour. (January 2007)
- Women’s weekly magazine July 2007 – Raise a Happy & Healthy Child (Confident Parenting Masterclass)
- iKnow Magazine Dec 2007 – Bringing on Possibilities!
- Young Parents Magazine Feb 2008 – Head Start
“The phonic course instructor Ms Has was just amazing in the way she conducted the class. The way she combined delivering course materials sprinkled generously with practical tips and effective activities (songs, strategies, brain body methods etc) from her own experience is something only the best of instructors can do. Can’t thank you enough!” – Shrimadhy Hariharan –
“THANK YOU** from the bottom of my heart Ms Has for the knowledge you have imparted during the short 8 weeks with you. I have learnt much and was able to apply what I learnt immediately into my business. And I am now able to speak with greater conviction with parents from an educator’s perspective and always stand from the point for the good of the child/learner. I have benefited much from her delivery. Good curriculum can only go far with good delivery and so my only regrets is not being able to carry on learning from her on a long term basis but nonetheless her positive learning attitude has certainly rubbed off hard on me and will see me go a long way too!
Love & hugz to such an amazing mentor,
MS HAS POSITIVE” – Tina Wong – GIG Education Centre – The Teacher Developer
“Always thought phonics was ONLY about focussing on phonemic proficiency – just go into class, cut to the chase and dive straight into teaching the phonemes, etc.
BUT Ms Has, after attending your classes these past 6 weeks, you have given me a more holistic approach to conducting a lesson. Kudos to you, I have learnt that just as important, if not more, is ensuring the children ENJOY learning phonics through the different fun, engaging and creative activities during lesson time. You have taught us not only the ‘hard’ but the ‘SOFT’ skills which only comes with lots of personal experience.
Always encouraging with your positive affirmations , you have inspired me to want to be a fun and proficient phonics teacher.
Hugs and roses
Geraldine ” – GIG Education Centre – The Teacher Developer
“Thank you Ms Has!!!
It has been so much fun and educational, 7 lessons with you is simply not enough!
You have been inspiring and exuding so much positivity, it is a true privilege to attend your lessons.Looking extremely forward to Phonics with you! missing our mates in class… – CheryL Tan Speech Development and Creative Drama –GIG Education Centre – The Teacher Developer
Or simply leave us your message below.
Contact us! Tel: 67372977 SMS: 81637042