Mindful Me for Teens
Being a teen can be really stressful
Common symptoms of stress that many teens face include problems with concentration at school, feeling nervous in social settings due to heightened self-consciousness, i.e, social anxiety, feeling tired or overwhelmed. They are also experiencing negative thoughts, procrastinating or neglecting responsibilities and changes in sleeping habits or eating habits.
Mindfulness is a powerful way to handle stress. The mind and body are closely connected, and stress can affect the mind and body negatively.
Benefits of Mindfulness in Education
- Increases ability to pay attention, self- control, self-care, optimism, social-emotional skills
- Decreases anxiety, stress, and fatigue
- Increases well-being, efficacy, positive emotions, self-compassion, and teaching skills
- Decreases burnout, stress, depression, negative emotions, and anxiety
* (Flook et al., 2013; Jennings et al., 2013; Kemeny et al., 2012; Meiklejohn et al., 2012; Schonert-Reichl and Lawlor, 2010)
What are the takeaways?
Students will takeaway 20 mindful techniques covering Mindful Seeing, Mindful movement, Mindful listening, and Mindful Breathing and Mindful communication that will help them daily with:
Participants will receive exclusive Mindfulness tools...
- Mindful sounds: Audio support MP3 (for home practice)
- Exclusive Proprietary materials developed exclusively by Positive Focus *Not for sale
- Mindfulness workbook including Activities from Positive Psychology Toolkit designed to help teens and young adults.
Date: 30th May - 1st June, 2018
Time: 2.30pm - 5.30pm Fees and Location: Concorde Hotel, 100 Orchard Road, 238840
Limited space, Maximum 20 children / camp!
30th May - 1st June
2.30 - 5.30pm
Joyful June Promo. Actual Fee: $420
Sibling / Buddy Package:
2 to Go! : $370/each
3 to Go! : $350/each
Register 31st May 2018 Midnight
Support your teens! Due to popular request, parent/caregiver can join in at 1/3 of the fees!
Get a Free Goodie Bag for every sign up!
Each participant will receive-
1) Brand New Yoga Mat
2) Dining Voucher- 20% Savings at Spices Cafe@ Concorde Hotel
3) $50 Voucher for Piano recital Trial Class with Buchand Quek, One of the leading piano teachers and Singapore scholar@The Piano School: Bring out the best in Your Musical Development. Students can be in touch with the prestige of Classical music and culture. Learn some tips on how to play the piano better and get a plan for your musical journey. Applicable For ALL age groups! (U.P: $65).
Positive Focus @ The School Of Positive Psychology
Concorde Hotel, #03-20/21/14, 100 Orchard Road, 238840
Call: 6737 2977 / SMS: 8163 7042
Contact Us: 6737 2977 / SMS: 8163 7042
Tel: 6737 2977 SMS: 81637042