Hi! I am Hasnah A. Rahman, and I'm affectionately known to my students as Ms Has, I have worked with thousands of teachers, children aged 0 - 12 and their families for more than 22 years. Passionate to empower them with positive habits for life, I am the founder and director of Positive Focus Pte. Ltd.
I am known for my enthusiasm, authenticity and positive engagement that stimulate, inspire and empower my learners with positive tools to boost happiness, resilience and well-being through empowering education.
Speaker / Master Trainer / Life Coach Accredited Goulding Process SleepTalk® Consultant Trainer
METHODOLOGY & BENEFITS
I enjoy delivering inspiring, motivating and transformational holistic workshops/trainings through fun, Brain-Compatible Strategies, relaxation and revolutionary teaching/coaching all combined into one. My ultimate goal is to empower learners to:
- Own their greatness
- Confront their limiting beliefs about themselves, their students or children
- Recognise that Health and Wellness are key to school / life success
- Ignite their passion for learning
- Upgrade their knowledge, skills and habits with practical life tools to change Consciousness - From Chaos to Clarity. From survival to thriving
My defining moments
Mummy, can you teach my friends what you have taught me?”, suggested my 6-year-old son.
My journey began when I first discovered my son showing signs of learning challenge when he was about 5 years old, back in 1999...
His struggles with letter recognition, reading and writing were painful to witness. More alarming was his gradual decline in self-esteem as a result of his frustration.
Thus began my quest to find a solution to help my son overcome his learning challenge. Beyond the obvious methods and techniques to improve his learning challenge, I found activities such as music & movement and yoga for children tremendously effective in helping my son and I cope with the frustration and tension of these challenges.
However, despite the benefits of music and yoga, the stress of learning together created confrontations in our relationship. As a struggling single mum who would do whatever it takes to help my son, my overwhelming desire to see progress became an unwelcoming pressure on my son. His progress stagnated, and he became discouraged as a result.
It was at this point that I was exploring NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) which gave me a whole new perspective of self-awareness. This greater understanding of human behaviour reshaped my beliefs about learning that totally transforms my own behaviour.
With the new approach, relationship with my son improved almost immediately.
He was more motivated to overcome his learning challenges. He even looked forward to more learning hours with me. He recognised all 26 letters within 30 days, whereby English eventually became one of his favourite subjects.
Moving forward, I went on to integrate multiple modalities from positive psychology, Brain-Compatible Strategies, energy psychology, relaxation, music, movements to other revolutionary & creative teachings.
This integration helps parents, children and educators to work together synergistically in a way that best adapts learning for each individual, empowering them to thrive in the 21st century filled with dynamic changes.
Currently, my son is pursuing a Double Degree in Law and Liberal Arts at The Yale – NUS college, after having graduated from Raffles Institution.
Fast forward 2017... His growth is based upon these essential sets of life skills which he shared in this video.
DELIVERING INSPIRING, HOLISTIC AND TRANSFORMATIONAL LEARNING METHODOLOGIES SINCE 2001.
Impacting Adults, Children and Educators in Asia
Parents and caregivers play a vital role in this whole ecosystem of learning in the family. As a parent or caregiver, you are playing multiple roles from being a spouse, a household provider to a role model for children. Therefore, your capacity to manage your well-being, to adapt to the education demands of children and to communicate with them healthily become key factors for growth.
Children of today and tomorrow are facing great stress and challenges in learning for their future. With an increasing expectation, simply preparing them for the academic aspects isn't enough. They need multiple support and nurturance in their psychological, emotional, physical, social and mental development to become a leader of tomorrow.
To be able to thrive ahead of the education needs to prepare children and parents to match up to the globalisation trends, educators' capabilities become an instrumental pivot in this whole learning ecosystem. Hence, learning methodologies need to stay relevant, current, valuable and robust to be able to make a difference in your career.
Transferring impact to parents, children and educators with creativity, purpose, spontaneity and wits.
With a holistic mastery of multiple learning methodologies, I add value with my expertise through training, teaching, coaching, speaking and creating customised programmes.
My Professional Expertise
- Consulting Hypnotist – National Guild Of Hypnotists USA
- Cambridge International Diploma For Teachers and Trainers – University Of Cambridge International Examinations
- Diploma in Enrichment Enterprise by college of teachers – Phonics, Phonetics, Creative Writing -The College Of Teachers, UK
- Diploma in Yoga Therapy – Institute Of Vivekananda Yoga Research and development
Gwalior , India
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology -The School Of Positive Psychology
- High Impact Training a brain-based teaching – Studied with Founder, Dr. Rich allen – Impact Learning Inc., Green Light Education, USA
- Kindermusik Professional Development Certificate -Kindermusik International
- Master NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner – Mind Transformations Pte Ltd, approved by The American Board of NLP,USA
- Orff Schulwerk – Music for children, Vocal and Recorder, Technique and Improvisation, Pedagogy, Movement & Dance – Australian Catholic university
- Positive Psychology Coach – Studied with Founder Dr. Robert Biswas-Diener – Positive Acorn USA
- Reiki Master – Antara Seminars and Consultancy
Speech and Drama – Guildhall School Of Music and drama
- Time Line Therapy® Practitioner -Mind Transformations Pte Ltd, approved by The American Board of NLP,USA
- The Goulding Process SleepTalk™ For Children Consultant & Trainer -Studied with Founder Joane Goulding – The Goulding Institute Australia
- YogaKids International Trainer – Studied with Founder, Marsha wenig – YogaKids® International, USA
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- WSQ Diploma in Adult Continuing And Education (DACE) – Ongoing
My rich experience with children and adults
- Music and Movement educator for parents and young children since 1996
- Executive producer of Children’s Music & Movement CD
- Radio interview on Neuro-Linguistic Programming in 2000
- Reviewed scripts for Playhouse Disney’s ‘Out and About’ in 2002
- Children’s interactive workshop in North East Zone ‘ Alive!’ fusion lifestyle in 2003
- Lead a mass participation dance ‘The Energy Shake’ at the Nickelodean’s Worlwide Day of Play in October 2004
- Gold 90.5 FM June 2005 Holiday Programme (Yogakids )
- Showbiz Wonderland Mediacorp June 2005 Holiday programme (Creative Linguistics ~ Positive KidZ!)
- Learn to Get Into Your Child’s World ( Parents’ Workshop)
- Motivate Your Child Through Music and Movement (Workshop for parents & teachers)
- Various Positive Educators workshops conducted overseas: Kindermusik asia ~ Malaysia (Ipoh). Ysynergy (Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur). SNA (Surabaya)
- Freelance host for 9V entertainment: Hosted various assembly shows to promote health and well-being in primary schools.
- Consultant and host (Miss P) for CLUB M.A.G.I.C, Singapore’s very first preschool television programme – 2010 season 1, 2011 season 2 and 3
Educational consultant for The Rainbow Bus, Singapore’s preschool television programme -October 2013 season 1
- (Part-time Trainer at GIG International School – The Teacher Developer for Certificate Of Educational Studies, accredited by The London Teacher Training College , UK – Phonics, Early Literacy & Reading Comprehension, Speech Development and Creative Drama and Music & Movement)
Publications that has featured my work
- Young Parents Pre-School Guide 2005 as an Unusual Enrichment program for children
- The Straits Times ~mind Your body section on “Take the stress out of child’s life” (Feb 2005)
- Mother and Baby Magazine- Fitness for kids (November 2006)
- Simply her magazine – Boost your child’s confidence (November 2006)
- Simply her magazine – Break your Bad Habbits – 10 steps to success – NLP Master Practioner and Life Coach Hasnah A.R.’s 10 – step plan to changing your bad behaviour. (January 2007)
- Women’s weekly magazine July 2007 – Raise a Happy & Healthy Child (Confident Parenting Masterclass)
- iKnow Magazine Dec 2007 – Bringing on Possibilities!
- Young Parents Magazine Feb 2008 – Head Start
My love for the work that I do has brought so much joy, meaning and purpose in my life. It has made me a passionate advocate for lifelong learning. This passion has led me to become a certified practitioner in Applied Positive Psychology, Neuro-linguistic Programming, Yoga Therapy and an accredited consultant and trainer for the Goulding Process Sleep Talk for children.
I have been a consultant and host AKA Miss Positive for all three seasons of CLUB M.A.G.I.C, Singapore’s first preschool TV program on Okto channel.
Currently, I am also a trainer for GIG Education Centre – The Teacher Developer for the Certificate of Professional Practice, accredited by London Teacher Training College, UK and a member of The International Association of Counselors and Therapists, a premier association for holistic practitioners.
WHAT MY CLIENTS AND PARTNERS SAY ABOUT ME
“THANK YOU** from the bottom of my heart Ms Has for the knowledge you have imparted during the short 8 weeks with you. I have learnt much and was able to apply what I learnt immediately into my business. And I am now able to speak with greater conviction with parents from an educator’s perspective and always stand from the point for the good of the child/learner. I have benefited much from her delivery. Good curriculum can only go far with good delivery and so my only regrets is not being able to carry on learning from her on a long term basis but nonetheless her positive learning attitude has certainly rubbed off hard on me and will see me go a long way too!"
- Tina Wong, Student - GIG Education Centre – The Teacher Developer - Certificate of Professional Practice – Phonics
I found it very helpful to have a good understanding of the functions of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. Our tone of voice in classroom can determine which nervous system we are addressing in a child. It will either cause him/her to experience greater anxiety or to relax, breathe and learn. I'm learning to use the right tone of voice in my class and how to use it in various situation and have noticed that it not only affects the children but also the teachers. Personally, I appreciate the "Sandwich Feedback" which we received during the training by Hasnah. Her course offered on-the-spot learning and interaction, which stimulates my brain to learn and absorb the information."- Selina Wong, Preschool Teacher, PCF Sparkletots Taman Jurong - Positive Teachers workshop
"I've learnt discipline techniques for my child, through the educator's observation, has been very helpful. I really enjoy her classes and it has helped in my daughter's development.” - Marina, Teacher, Parent - Positive Kids programme
"The phonic course instructor Ms Has was just amazing in the way she conducted the class. The way she combined delivering course materials sprinkled generously with practical tips and effective activities (songs, strategies, brain body methods etc) from her own experience is something only the best of instructors can do. Can’t thank you enough!” - Shrimadhy Hariharan , Student - GIG Education Centre – The Teacher Developer - Certificate of Professional Practice – Phonics
“Her programme encourages my ability to share quality time well with my children. I feel that her programme is necessary to teach my children self-regulation and build self-esteem. I like to see the program popular with many children to enjoy the benefits like I do." - Justine Duerden, Parent - Positive Kids Programme
“She has helped me check myself and my behaviour as well as how I can identify my staff's personality and redirect their strengths." - Clarrisa Ang, Principal, G8 Education - Positive Leaders Workshop
“Very insightful presentation with very good practical examples." - Dinesh, parent, Standard Charted – Strengthen your child’s emotional resilience workshop.
“Miss Has has a very good way of communicating her lessons.."- Rachel Chong, parent, Standard Charted – Strengthen your child’s emotional resilience workshop.
Positive Focus has embarked on a whole new journey for me as a parent and an educator.
The Positive Focus Impact Training (P.F.I.T) is very practical and useful for parents and educators.
Children can relate well to the curriculum because it is engaging, fun and wholesome. E.g., Body Alphabet, Animal Safari Yoga Play, Neuro - Linguistic programming, Music and Movement etc.
The mentorship I received as an educator is priceless. Educators are put to the test in the real world to get us ready for a bigger challenge. I found the experience highly beneficial for me.
The Goulding Process is amazing; it is the best gift every parent can give to their child to develop their self - esteem.
My children and I have benefitted much from the programs. You can feel the positive vibes from the Trainer, Miss Has. Highly recommended for parents and educators.
Jen Li Soo - Parent of 2 children (3 and 5 years) Educator &
Accredited Goulding Process -Sleeptalk Consultant for children.
Premium Educational services at an affordable price range helmed by Celebrity host/ Master Trainer/ Education Consultant, Has. A.R who has positively transformed the lives of thousands of families over the last 12 years.
I love the Positive Me Camp/Program for its holistic and creative approach that is so wonderful for kids in boosting their self-confidence and pursuing mastery in every area of their lives.
The Goulding process is also a simple and effective program which helps children and their families improve their self-esteem and overcome unconscious patterns of negative beliefs/behavior.
I have been an educator for 10 years and have benefited greatly from the Positive Focus Impact Training for Educators as it integrates various unique learning modalities that is simply not available anywhere else! It is unique, multi-disciplinary and most effectively taught by Ms. Has AKA Ms. Positive-one of the world's best trainers, in my opinion!!!
I would highly recommend Positive Focus to all parents,children and Educators seeking solutions/ personal development/ positive transformation. You will LOVE it!!!.
Kim Quek - Lecturer , Counselling Psychologist
Fantastic mind, body and soul program from which both children and adults can benefit immensely. The founder, Ms Has, is a truly inspiring human being who radiates positivity from every pore! I found the Positive Focus Impact Training for Educators a really enriching experience both on a personal and professional level. Thank you!!
Carolina Bouza Rodriguez - Early Childhood Educator
When I first met the exuberant Miss Has through Kindermusik 14 years ago, it was an immediately impactful encounter. She was a very experienced and fun educator to my then 6-months young daughter. Later on, when miss Has embarked on establishing Positive Focus, my daughter and I naturally followed suit. After attending the P.F.I.T. (Positive Focus Impact Training), my life changed for the better. I was empowered with profound and deep knowledge to make decisions on life, parenting, my educator journey, and in a myriad and multitude of other ways. As for my teenager, I believe that we have much to thank for the powerfully positive guidance we received in her early childhood years through Kindermusik and Positive Focus.
May Wong - Parent of a 15 yr old daughter.
6 stars! Love at first sight with Positive Focus Methodology and Ms Has approach to parenting & children education.
First encounter the program in 2012, and took every single course or program Ms Has offer after that, action speaks louder than words!
PF is not just another kids enrichment, holiday program or teacher training. Love the passion & values ingrained in the program.
Concept learned can be easily applied at home or school by parents/
Other than Academic & Technical/
Positive Focus emphasize on SOFT SKILLS in children:
- Increase Emotional Resilience
- Positive Communication
(thoughts, words, body language, habits!)
- Ability to regulate Emotions
- Stress Management
- Growth Mindset
- Mind & Body Connection & Coordination
- Self-Control & Regulation
- Boost Motivation
- Build Confidence & Self Esteem
PFIT program (teacher training) makes learning so much fun & bring the natural inner child in you to perform at best, giving yourself permission to be imaginative, creative & spontaneous!
Ms Has is a trainer you can learn so much from, she runs the extra mile to share, give & support. Continue to spread your passion & be a sunshine!
Vernessa Chua - Parent of a 10 month old baby girl.
Founder of Mindful Space
Accredited Goulding Process - Sleeptalk Consultant for children.
Ms. Has, at first, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for your unconditional love, support, encouragement, and patience during my learning journey based on a holistic approach in a dynamic environment. It was a wonderful journey towards a Transformational change as an Educator and Parent, with impactful training imparted at Positive Focus.
Thank you for being my guiding light and encouraging me throughout my journey. You have helped me to identify my weaknesses and turned them into my strengths. I will always be grateful for your valuable input and investment in my life. I consider myself most fortunate to learn from you and your invaluable vast experience as a Mentor/ Coach. It is a blessing to have such a passionate, enthusiastic and energetic Trainer / Coach/ Mentor like you in my life.
I would like to add here that you are amazingly an incredible Coach for adults. Moreover, your Positive kid's program at Positive Focus has helped my own child including many other children in creating their future with a positive connotation.
The most important lesson I have learned with all the training under your guidance is, how we become very conscious, mindful and aware of our own competence. Your constant motivation and encouragement pushed me to the greater heights; I never thought would be possible for me. In addition to this, it also helped me to improve my mind and body synchronicity.
You have been an exemplary and visionary mentor with your incredibly valuable wisdom and an inspiration, a great leader who has dedicated her life to the service of humanity to make the world a better place for children and families. As an entrepreneur, your achievements have been remarkable.
I appreciate and treasure everything I have learned from you.
I’m grateful to have you as my Mentor.
Nirupama Soni - Parent of 10 year old boy- Founder of Synergy Locus, Accredited Goulding Process -Sleeptalk Consultant for children. Reiki Teacher,
Past and present engagements
CREATING HIGH VALUE DELIVERY AND IMPACT THAT LAST
I believe in creating a learning environment that dynamically engages the mind, heart and body. I offer an unconventional yet holistic approach to break the mould of a learner's obstacles. My zest and enthusiasm can invigorate learners and make learning a positive and impactful experience.